Welcome to ASCCA’s Connected Cars resource page! Stay up to speed on this emerging technology with accurate, timely information on autonomous and connected vehicles, technical training, and guidance on best practices.
News and Events
Click below to view ASCCA’s Connected Cars Committee Regularly Digests – your quarterly summary of must-read news, industry updates, event information, and more:
Telematics: Click here to view ASCCA’s guiding principles on telematics
Vehicle Security Credentials: Click here to view ASCCA’s guidance on becoming a Vehicle Security Professional
NASTF Security Professionals—Video Resources
Additional resource videos, courtesy of NASTF
About ASCCA’s Connected Cars Committee
ASCCA’s Connected Cars Committee was established August 1st, 2017 with the mission to "protect the ability of ASCCA membership to do business in California, including safe, secure, and uninterrupted access to vehicle onboard systems and the required tools to fix them."
Committee members are also active in:
- National Automotive Service Task Force (NASTF)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- California Automotive Wholesalers Association (CAWA)
- Auto Care Association (ACA)
- Auto Service Association (ASA)
- ASCCA Government Affairs Committee
Connected Cars Committee Mission Statement
The Committee shall protect the ability of ASCCA membership to do business in California, including safe, secure, and uninterrupted access to vehicle onboard systems and the required tools to fix them.
Connected Cars Committee Objectives – click here to download
Membership Support: The Connected Car Committee supports ASCCA membership, providing:
- news and analysis of the trends in “connected” cars (telematics and autonomy e.g.)
- resources for information and training
- guidance on best practices
Partner Collaboration: The Connected Car Committee will work with ASCCA partners, providing:
- feedback to partners on “connected” issues as they pertain to California
- representation in partner advocacy nationwide
- participation in “connected” related events across the Aftermarket
Government Support: The Connected Car Committee will support the ASCCA Government Affairs
- coordination on “connected” issues; at least one current member on both committees
- a dedicated mouthpiece (for members and partners) regarding “connected” issues
- immediate updates on “connected” issues that may be relevant to legislation.
Carolyn Coquillette, Chair - Luscious Garage, Shop-Ware
Patrick Cadam - Pat's Garage
Fred Gruner - NVIDIA Corp.
Craig Johnson - Craig Johnson Automotive
Rocky Khamenian - Bimmer and Benz Specialists
Dave Kusa - Autotrend Diagnostic
Rob Morrell - WORLDPAC
Niko Souigas - Charlie's Foreign Car
ASCCA’s Connected Cars Committee meets via conference call on the first Monday of each month at 6:00 pm and in-person during ASCCA’s quarterly Team Weekends. For more information, or to get in touch with a member of the committee, email ASCCA Executive Director Gloria Peterson at [email protected].