HOW TO JOIN TeamTalk (TT):
- Read the rules and etiquette governing TEAMtalk.
- Send your request to join to [email protected].
TEAMtalk was set up as an open forum for members to use to discuss issues of relevance to the membership or the automotive industry at large. Questions and posts should be limited to those things that are of interest to the membership at large. This is a member-to-member discussion list.
TEAMtalk is NOT intended for use as a communications vehicle to reach the ASCCA Staff, ASCCA Committees, ASC Insurance Services or the ASCCA Board of Directors.
Any items related to staff, committee, insurance or board need to be addressed to the appropriate parties directly using the contact page. This mechanism has been set up so that you don't have to be on a board or committee email distribution list to have your message forwarded. Simply choose the party(s) you wish to contact and the message will be routed appropriately. Please do not post technical (mechanical repair, etc) questions to this forum. Use the iATN forum for that.
This list is only open to current, paid-up Regular, Associate and Educator members of ASCCA.
Participation in this list is a privilege and is NOT a right of membership. There is a moderator who takes care of technical issues. There is also a board of advisors made up of members, who assist the moderator and who decide if members are subject to disciplinary action, (removal from the list), if found to be in violation of the rules.
The following guidelines were set up to help TEAMtalk operate in an orderly fashion. Violations are subject to disciplinary action which may include removal from the list.
1) Refrain from "flaming" or using profanity. ("Flaming" is sending back angry, biting responses, "getting personal" and calling people names or otherwise belittling them. The use of sarcasm, profanity, "challenges" or other unpleasantness is not appreciated by list members. Remember, posts are seen by EVERYONE, not just the person you are responding to.)
2) What goes on TEAMtalk stays on TEAMtalk.(TT is meant to be an in-house discussion group for ASC members. Although there is an expectation of "privacy" NOTHING sent via email is truly private. Please do not forward messages! REMEMBER - your behavior reflects on the association as a whole and your messages get around to outside entities whether you want them to or not. Maintain your professionalism at all times!).
4) Do not post Forwarded Items, Jokes, Spam, Virus warnings, etc. to TEAMtalk.
5) Send relevant responses to TEAMtalk. (Don't send "support" posts (such as "kudos" "amen!" or "right on!") to the entire group. Please don't send "TEST" messages if you are wondering if you're still on TT or to see if TT is working. Please address those questions to the list moderator at [email protected].)
6) Keep TEAMtalk posts short and concise.
7) Do not post copyrighted material to TEAMtalk.
8) Use appropriate subject lines.(PLEASE use "TT:" at the beginning of your subject line.)
9) Sign your posts.(Many of you have obscure e-mail addresses that give no clue as to who you are so please sign your first and last name at the bottom of each post.)
10) Advertisements, solicitations, commercials or sales pitches are not permitted on TEAMtalk.
HOW TO POST MESSAGES
If you are an authorized participant on TEAMtalk, send an email message to the following email
address - [email protected] and it will go to everyone on the list.
Hit "Reply to all" when replying to messages. If you have not been authorized yet, or if you are sending from an e-mail address different from the one you subscribed with, the message will be bounced back as undeliverable.
If you change e-mail addresses, your posts will be bounced. In case of an email change email [email protected] and your email address will be updated.