- Read the rules and etiquette governing TEAMtalk.
- Send your request to join to [email protected].
TeamTalk was set up as an open forum for members to use to discuss issues of relevance to the membership or the automotive service industry at large. Questions and posts should be limited to those things that are of interest to the membership at large. This is a member-to-member discussion list.
Participation in this list is a privilege and is NOT a right of membership. The ASCCA Council of Representatives Speaker, Vice President, and Secretary, will monitor TeamTalk. They may make recommendations to the ASCCA Board of Directors regarding members being subject to disciplinary action, as described in policy, if found to be in violation of the rules.
Although Association related content is permitted, TeamTalk is not intended as a direct communications vehicle to reach ASCCA Staff, Committees, Corporate Partners, or the Board of Directors. A more effective way to reach the aforementioned parties is by using the contact page located at https://www.ascca.com/contact.
TeamTalk is a member benefit available to all ASCCA members in good standing. (Note: Corporate Partners are considered Associate members and are thus already included in TeamTalk.)
The following guidelines were set up to help TeamTalk operate in an orderly fashion. Violations are subject to disciplinary action which may include removal from the list. Any violation concerns should be addressed directly to the moderator at [email protected].
- Refrain from “flaming” or using profanity. (“Flaming” is sending back angry, biting responses, personal attacks, and calling people names or otherwise belittling them. The use of sarcasm or profanity is not appreciated by list members.) Remember, posts are seen by EVERYONE, not just the person you are responding to.
- What goes on TeamTalk stays on TeamTalk. TT is meant to be an in-house discussion group for ASCCA members. Although there is an expectation of “privacy.” NOTHING sent via email is truly private.
- Do not forward messages.
- Maintain professionalism at all times!
- Stick to relevant topics relevant for TeamTalk. Examples of topics appropriate to TT are matters of interest to the membership at large meaning automotive service industry information, announcements, questions about your shop, chapter activities, legislative issues, etc.
- Do not post or forward items such as jokes or spam.
- Send relevant responses to TeamTalk. (Don’t send “supportive” posts (such as “kudos”, “amen!”, or “right on!”) to the entire group.
- Don’t send “TEST” messages if you are wondering if you’re still on TT or to see if TT is working. Please address those questions to [email protected].
- Keep TeamTalk posts short and concise.
- Do not post copyrighted material.
- Use appropriate subject lines.
- Sign your posts with your contact information.
- Advertisements, solicitations, commercials, or sale pitches are not permitted on TeamTalk.
- ASCCA Corporate Partners and other Associate members are strongly encouraged to participate in TeamTalk as resources to the Regular members.
- ASCCA Corporate Partners and other Associate Members shall not use TeamTalk for self-promotion or advertisements. These members may respond to posts seeking help or information with a short answer/solution; this response may close with a statement like, “Reach out to me privately if you have questions or need additional help.”
- Must comply with the ASCCA Antitrust Policy 2-10.
HOW TO POST MESSAGES
If you are an authorized participant on TeamTalk, send an email message to the following email address: [email protected] and it will go to everyone on the list.
Hit “Reply to all” when replying to messages. If you have not been authorized yet, or if you are sending from an email address different from the one you subscribed with, the message will be bounced back as undeliverable.